ID fotografie: 7665256
      |         14 / 40  
      |          Descarcă





VATICAN - PAVILIONUL DE TRASURI


Berlin of Cardinal Lucien-Louis Bonaparte (1868) within the carriage pavillon of the Vatican Museums on March 2021.
- Inaugurated in 1973 by pope Paul VI the carriage pavillon (Padiglione delle Carrozze) of the Vatican Museums shows a collection of ceremonial berlins, sedan chairs, various automobiles and popemobiles belonging to Pontiffs or Princes of the Holy Roman Church.
- Assembled in Rome by Gaetano Peroni, supplier to the Papal Stables, using parts of French craftsmanship, this elegant Berlin belonged to Cardinal Lucien-Louis Bonaparte, who had received it as a gift from his cousin Napoleon II on 13 March 1868, on the occasion of his appointment as cardinal.
On the doors there are paintings of the allegorical personifications of the Church of Rome on the right, and the Catholic faith on the left. On the side panels a series of putti hold objects alluding to the cardinal’s virtues: the Tablets of Law and the Book of the Apocalypse on the left, and an anchor and a brazier, respectively symbols of rectitude and fear of God, as well as hope and charity.
Always detached from the attractions of the Roman Curia and the French court, Cardinal Bonaparte led a life distinguished by charity and patronage of the arts. After his death he bequeathed his carriage to Pope Leo XIII, who maintained the heraldic arms depicting the Napoleonic imperial eagle.
Photo by Eric Vandeville/ABACAPRESS.COM
Detalii fotografie
Loc:     Rome, Vatican (or Holy See)
Sursa:   Hepta/Mediafax Foto
Fotograf:   ABACAPRESS/Hepta
Data:   1 Iunie 2021
Dimensiuni:   5568 x 3712 (4.5 MB)
Cuvinte cheie:
ORIZONTAL CAR ECCLESIASTIC ECCLESIASTICS EXHIBITION EXPOSITION MUSEUM NUN NUNS POPE RELIGION TRANSPORT / INFRASTRUCTURE AUTOMOBILE PAPAMOBIL AUTOMOBIL VATICAN MUZEU